Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Southwest Airlines cancellation policy states that if a passenger does not occupy the seat in the allotted time, the full ticket fare will be charged as a no-show fee. The passenger will not receive any amount as a refund whether it belongs to the group of refundable or non-refundable tickets. In some circumstances, the airline will offer Vouchers for future travel. The validity of the Voucher is 12 months from the date of issue.
How to cancel a Southwest Airlines flight?
Following are the steps to cancel Southwest Airline tickets: –
- Log into the account on the official Southwest Airlines website
- Now continue with the manage your flight.
- Then selected the flight you want to cancel
- Hit on the Cancel button
- Confirm selection
- After confirmation, the airline will cancel your reservation in an authorized manner.
- A coupon will be received after deduction of cancellation fees by the airline to passengers.
Additional options for canceling Southwest Airlines tickets are: online mode, offline mode by calling the reservations team, at the ticket counter at the airport, the official ticketing office, and the mobile app.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fee and Refund Policy
- The cancellation fee for Southwest airlines depends on the passenger’s destination, class of service, ticket types, and more. If the passenger is unable to attend the flight, airlines will lose the full ticket fee as no-show fees.
- The Southwest Airlines cancellation fee is charged according to the passenger’s ticket type and the time of reservation.
- When the passenger cancels a Southwest airlines flight ticket within 24 hours of booking, the airline does not apply any cancellation fee.
- If the ticket purchased by Southwest Airlines is non-refundable, then $ 120 is charged for domestic flights and $ 150 to $ 600 depending on the length of the air fleet, destination, type of fare is charged for international flights. After deduction of the Southwest Airlines cancellation fee, the airline will offer Vouchers that can be used for future travel.
- The validity of the Vouchers is one year from the date of issue.
For those passengers who book refundable tickets, they can cancel scheduled tickets without encountering any time limit until flight departure and after deduction of Southwest Airlines cancellation fee.
Southwest Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy
- In accordance with Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy, no cancellation fee will be imposed on passengers if they cancel tickets within the same day of the reservation.
- The only condition to obtain a full refund is that the reservation date must be one week before the departure date.
- All passengers are eligible for a full refund if the airline cancels the flight for controllable factors.
- Southwest Airlines has made some adjustments to its 24-hour cancellation policy to improve passenger satisfaction.
- When passengers cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking, they are not required to pay any cancellation fee even if the tickets are purchased two days before departure.
- Previously, it only applied to tickets purchased one week before flight departure.
- By booking tickets on Southwest Airlines passengers have full control over tickets, within 24 hours, they can make changes or cancel scheduled tickets without paying any cancellation fee.
- In that case, travelers are also qualified for Southwest Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy. Passengers will receive a full refund of their tickets even if they purchased a non-refundable ticket.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to COVID-19
- In case of emergencies and special circumstances, such as the COVID-19 outbreak, when no flying is allowed, no cancellation fees will be charged.
- Southwest Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy offers passengers the opportunity to secure their valuable cash without any conditions imposed by the airline. The type of tickets has no role in this policy, all passengers are eligible for a full refund if they cancel tickets in the allotted time.