Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
If you have booked a flight with Lufthansa airlines and changed the mind of travelling, then you need to cancel your booked flight ticket. Many times journey remains uncertain and to avoid last minute price rise, passengers book their flight ticket in advance. Thus in condition when they have to cancel their flight, they must know about the Lufthansa Cancellation Policy in details to avoid heavy penalty as cancellation fee. However the Lufthansa Airlines flight cancellation is an easy process and you can cancel your flight online in minutes but before making the cancellation, it is important to know about the cancellation and refund policy.
Lufthansa 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Lufthansa Airline offers its passengers an easy cancellation and refund process. To cancel your booked ticket on the same date of booking you are eligible to get full refund. But Lufthansa Airlines has few terms and conditions that passengers must know before making a cancellation.
- If the cancellation is being done on the same day of booking, passengers are eligible for Lufthansa Cancellation Policy 24 hours and they will get 100% refund for their cancellation.
- The condition for refund under 24 hours cancellation policy is that the flight departure date must be 7 days away from the cancellation date.
- Under Lufthansa 24 hour cancellation policy, passengers having Refundable as well as non-refundable tickets are eligible for a full refund.
- The cancellation fee depends on the type of ticket booked and the route of the journey.
- Lufthansa 24 hour cancellation policy is mainly helpful for those passengers who are not sure about their journey.
How to cancel Lufthansa Flight
The passengers have to pay the penalty as Lufthansa cancellation fee for making any flight cancellation. However the cancellation fee depends upon the booking type and flight route. To cancel your booking with Lufthansa Airlines, follow these steps:
- Visit Lufthansa Airlines website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on “Rebooking reservation” section.
- Enter the booking reference id for which you want to cancel your booking.
- You will get an option to cancel your flight booking next to the passenger name.
- Click on Cancel option to confirm the cancellation.
Lufthansa Cancellation Fee
- For the cancellation of booked flight after the risk period is over, a passenger need to pay a penalty of $40 as Lufthansa cancellation fee. This cancellation policy is applicable for any flight booking with the Lufthansa Airlines. The cancellation policy for the Lufthansa Airlines is as follows:
- Cancellation fee is applicable for making a cancellation after the risk period is over.
- For cancellation of award tickets, cancellation fee of $50.
- For non-refundable ticket, passengers have to pay total fare amount as cancellation fee.
- No cancellation fee is charged if cancellation is done within 24 hours of the booking with condition that the booking is done 7 days prior to the departure of the flight.
- After 24 hours of booking, cancellation fee must be paid.
Lufthansa Refund Policy
- To get a refund passenger need to cancel their refundable ticket.
- No refund is allowed for non-refundable ticket.
- Full refund is allowed for tickets cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
- Refund amount gets credited in the original mode of payment.
How A Passenger Can Make The Request For Refunds
- Passengers need to follow few steps to request for refund of their flight cancellation. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit Lufthansa website
- Go to “My Bookings” option.
- Enter the booking reference number and last name of the passenger.
- Click on cancel.
- This will ask you to confirm the cancellation process. Again click on Cancel to confirm it.
- This cancels your flight booking. You can now request for the refund amount in your bank account.
- The refundable amount will get reflected in the original payment mode within 7 working days.