Are you planning to cancel your Kenya airways reservation?
Then we can save you from exorbitant cancellation and refund charges!!
Kenya airways is one the best airlines in Africa as it offers low cost fares and endeavours for maximum satisfaction and pleasure for its passengers. The airlines understand that nobody wants to cancel their reservation but some situations are not under control. Hence, to provide maximum convenience to the passengers the airlines has framed a convenient and flexible cancellation policy.
Kenya Airways Cancellation policy
- According to Kenya airways 24 hour cancellation policy flight cancellations within 24 hours of booking are free from any cancellation charges and passengers are eligible for a full refund under 24 hour window frame if the tickets were booked at least one week prior to the flight departure date.
- But, cancelling the flight after the risk free period is subjected to cancellation charges that will be deducted from the refund amount.
- The 24 hour cancellation policy is applicable for all the domestic flights that were booked on Kenya airways.com, on Kenya airways’ reservation number or at the airport.
- However, this policy is also applicable on the tickets purchased from US.
- After looking into the cancellation policy of Kenya airways, one thing is very clear that to evade the last minute high cancellation fee, you must cancel the flight within 24 hours from purchase or even if you cancel the reservation after 24 hours, cancel it as early as possible as the more early you cancel a flight the less fee you have to pay except when you have purchased a travel insurance that protects you from last minute high cancellation fees.
- But if you cancel your Kenya reservations in the last minute due to a serious emergency like bereavement of a family member, or illness reasons, then cancellation charges may not be imposed provided that the relevant documents must be submitted to the airways.
Kenya Airways Cancellation Fees
- Zero cancellation fees if the flights are cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
- No cancellation fees if you purchased travel insurance.
- If tickets are cancelled after the risk free period of 24 hours, then cancellation fee of $100-$500 may be charged from the passenger but the fee may vary according to the passenger route, flight class and cancellation time.
Kenya Airways Refund Policy
According to Kenya airways refund policy, 100% refund will be credited to the original form of payment if the flights are booked at least one week before the departure date and cancelled within 24 hours of booking. However after the risk free period, cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund amount and the refund will be processed in 10-15 business days. However, for cancellations post Covid the airways provide the option to either reschedule the flight at a future date or will issue a travel voucher instead of return that can be redeemed for a new booking made within 1 year from the date of issuance.
How to Cancel Kenya Airways Flight Ticket?
For the convenience of various passengers, Kenya airways provide both offline and online method of cancellation. But if you book the flight offline on phone, then you cannot cancel the reservation online on Kenya airways.com. Cancellation is such case must be done on the phone itself. For cancelling the flight offline on phone, you need to dial Kenya airways cancellation number. For online cancellation you can follow the facile steps below:
- Navigate to Mange my trip page on Kenya airways official website.
- Submit the confirmation number and last name of the passenger
- Now, at booking summary page, select your reservation and click on cancel button.
- Check the cancellation fees and confirm the cancellation.